#ALWAYSCOMMITTED PROTOCOL PROGRAM
COMMITMENT TO HYGIENE PROTOCOLS AND PREVENTIVE ACTION MEASURES AGAINST COVID-19
- El Cid Resort’s operation has strengthened, including additional guidelines for guests, partners, and staff, thus reinforcing its dedication to service and care, to continue offering insuperable vacationing experiences for guests and families.
- Determined to keep up with COVID-19 Certification in facilities, El Cid Resorts has partnered up with experienced and world-renowned companies specialized in quality and hygienic processes certifications, Preverisk and Cristal, to properly carry out vigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the different areas within the resorts.
- All staff will wear masks, gloves, and, when necessary, protective masks.
- Physical distancing is enforced in all areas.
- Placement of hand sanitizer in all “guest contact” areas.
Click here to learn about our recent guests’ experience on the reopening of our seven properties in Mazatlán, Cancún/Riviera Maya, and Cozumel!
COMMITMENT UPON ARRIVAL:
- Upon arrival physical contact with transportation vehicles and people are to be avoided, luggage will be received and immediately taken through a sanitation process.
- Body temperature will be checked with a thermal camera thermometer.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available at set stations.
- It is necessary that guests use face masks at the time of arrival.
- The physical separation between the receptionist and guest through protective glass.
- Valet Parking service is temporarily suspended. Indications provided if available.
- Check-in and check-out are done by a single person per family following the distance signs posted on floors.
- Symbols and signs displayed to reinforce safe physical distancing in areas like front desk, spa, restaurants, swimming pools, etc.
- Assigned and exclusive personnel for bracelet placement following hygiene measures.
- Work areas, surfaces, materials, and equipment routinely and constantly cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
- Staff and guests are encouraged to respect the “no contact” and physical distancing policies, a wave and smile go a long way. Staff wears the #AlwaysCommitted pin
COMMITMENT TO GROUPS AND CONVENTIONS:
- Larger groups, charters, and event parties that plan to arrive have a special area assigned according to the number of guests that make up the group to check-in and deliver bracelets.
- Designated personnel assigned to each group according to needs, always keeping a safe physical distance and carrying the necessary equipment.
- Each group must fill out a preregistration form that must be sent 48 hours before arrival, thus avoiding conglomerations.
COMMITMENT TO ROOM CLEANLINESS:
- Complete disinfection and sanitation carried out in rooms with nebulizing equipment meeting the requirements of the COVID-19 certification.
- The housekeeping team wear latex gloves and face masks when performing the indicated cleaning processes.
- Unnecessary and/or additional cushions, pillows, covers, and towels that will not be used are to be removed from the room.
- All room bedding will be changed upon departure.
- With a Hygiene Photometer, random tests will be carried out to scan rooms, corridors, and work equipment to verify proper disinfection practice.
- Air conditioning filters are cleaned and disinfected after departure and bactericide are applied to air conditioning outlet grilles.
- Riviera Maya properties count with a sophisticated external air cooling process installed that is used in all rooms when turning on the air conditioning, obtaining a 24hour clean air system.
- Rooms will have a “guarantee seal”, indicating that the room has been sanitized under the strict protocols of Preverisk and Cristal.
- Carpets in all rooms have been removed.
HUMAN RESOURCES’ COMMITMENT:
- Enforced and added permanent protocols that include the use of face masks, hand washing and physical distance in all areas of the resorts.
- Implementation of hand sanitizer before the collaborator’s entrance to the hotel and in different areas of operation.
- A cleaning protocol for personnel transportation is carried out before and after each arrival.
- Temperature check of all collaborators upon arrival.
- The Human Resources staff and area supervisors monitor the correct use of face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer in all areas of the resort.
- Developed and established specialized trainings in the cleaning processes for all areas including suggestions for employees to practice at home, focused on staff and their families’ safety.
- A manual was created with essential information on standard hygiene processes and protocols for collaborators and their families.
- The Quality and Hygiene staff is in charge of verifying all the interaction processes with guests, established by Preverisk and Cristal.
- A cleaning protocol is carried out for transportation before and after the arrival of the staff.
- Physical distancing in areas for staff in dining rooms, offices, and dressing rooms, following the implemented and recommended standards.
- Sanitizing mats installed to disinfect the soles of staff member shoes.
- The Human Resources department has medical personnel to carry out health inspections to ensure that staff does not present symptoms such as fever, cough, or flu.
COMMITMENT IN FOOD AND BEVERAGES:
- Established maximum capacity of guests per consumption center and distance between each table.
- Continue to strengthen the implemented cleaning and disinfection processes as established by NOM-251 and the international standards of the Preverisk Group and Cristal in kitchen areas and bars.
- Restaurant doors will be opened upon arrival to welcome guests in.
- Frequent and routine disinfection of menus, checkbooks, terminals, pens, and phones constantly and after each use.
- The maximum capacity of guests and access will be limited, with the help of signs and single lines; buffet lines assisted by kitchen staff.
- Chefs, cooks, and other staff are to wear protective face masks and latex gloves to perform the table service.
- Established an intensified cleaning process and disinfection of utensils and work tables every 20 minutes.
- Acrylic barriers in the areas of bars and cashiers to prevent direct contact with guests.
- Implemented double training for all kitchen staff on sanitizing areas both in the hotel and at home.
- Trustworthy Room Service, the staff is highly trained under Preverisk and Cristal standards to prepare and deliver food.
COMMITMENT TO OUR GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB:
- New regulations installed and published at different points of the Country Club, email, and website.
- Pro shop staff, field, and workshop are committed to using face masks and protective goggles at all times.
- Temperature check of all clients upon entering the club facilities.
- Hand sanitizer dispenser mounted at the entrance of the Pro shop and Caddie Master area.
- Golf carts, sandboxes, golf clubs, and the rest of the equipment go through a sanitation process established by Preverisk and Cristal.
- Protocols to follow during rounds of golf are visible and placed in the golf carts.
- The Caddie Masters will take temperature before doing any activity at the Golf Club.
- Maintain safe physical distance between players.
- Players will be able to check-in only 20 minutes before departure time in order to avoid congestion in areas.
COMMITMENT TO MARINAS / FISHING FLEET:
- Hand sanitizer available at each unit and point of contact with clients.
- Maximum capacity of crew members in both trucks and boats in order to maintain the safety standards.
- Clients and staff will wear face masks when accessing the transportation units and boats.
- Acrylic barriers at check-in for everyone’s protection.
- Boats go through rigorous cleaning and disinfection processes on a daily basis, complying with the regulations indicated by the certifying company Preverisk.
- During the trip or activity, all items in direct contact with staff and guests are cleaned with certified products every two hours.
- Physical distancing points established for safety.
- All equipment such as coolers, reeds, and signs are disinfected with the same processes previously mentioned.
COMMITMENT TO PRONATOURS:
- All transportation units are washed and disinfected with standardized processes and nebulizers approved by Preverisk.
- At the end of each service, a cleaning process on all surfaces in which clients or staff can come in contact with is carried out.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, towels and disinfectant spray, disposable handkerchiefs in individual presentation.
- Continuous reinforcement of processes and protocols indicated by Preverisk, a specialized company.
- All staff is to use face masks and latex gloves at all times, maintaining a safe distance between passengers and customers.
- Limited passenger capacity in each transportation unit.
- Disinfecting towels provided for guests to clean any carry-on luggage before boarding the transportation unit.
COMMITMENT TO POOLS AND BEACH:
- Safe distances between the loungers in swimming pools and beach areas.
- A limited number of lounge chairs in recreational areas.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers placed in all areas and disinfection of chairs, cushions, and areas of both the pool and beach restaurants.
- Strict program for cleaning and disinfecting utensils, towels, and work equipment.
- As part of staff uniforms, personnel is to carry hair mesh, face masks, and latex gloves when operating in areas such as swimming pools and the beach.
COMMITMENT TO FITNESS CENTER & SPA:
- A limited number of users in fitness center areas.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers at the entrance as well as disinfecting towels for personal use.
- For gym use, appointments need to be made and are set for up to a maximum of an hour and a half.
- Equipment such as walkers, bicycles, among others, has been removed in order to keep a physical distance.
- Floors and exercise equipment are disinfected every two hours.
- Massage areas, temazcal, hydrotherapy area, and beauty salon are sanitized according to the strict protocols of Preverisk and Cristal.
- Staff will make use of face masks and goggles, for massages: masseuse will sanitize hands in presence of the client or if preferred, massage can be done with latex gloves on.
- Between each reservation, there will be a period of 40 minutes to carry out sanitation processes.
COMMITMENT TO SHOWS AND ACTIVITIES:
- During shows and activities, physical distance between each guest will be implemented.
- Dressing room cleaning will take place before and after each show and shift.
COMMITMENT TO KIDS CLUB AND TEENS CLUB:
- Limited and maximum number of guests in facilities, as well as the length of stay, is established to avoid conglomerations and crowding.
- Periodically and routinely clean all items and surfaces.
- Teens Club staff will wash hands after performing the disinfection process.
- Staff will use face masks and latex gloves at all times.
- The temperature will be taken before entering the facilities.